this wonderful space and found this recipe which is similar to my Amma's. Its been a long time since I made this wonderful cake and I made it for Homey's Birthday.
The cake is moist......perfectly chocolatey.....
Recipe adapted from here.
All-purpose flour- 2 cups.
Cadbury's cocoa powder: 2/3 cup.
Baking soda: 1 tsp
Baking powder: 1 tsp.
Butter/margarine: 1/2 cup, softened.
Sugar: 1 cup.
Plain yogurt/curd: 1 1/2 cups, lightly beaten.
Vanilla essence: 1 tsp.
1 teaspoon vanilla.
Salt: 1/2 tsp.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease and flour a 10-inch pan. Lightly beat yogurt and salt with a spoon and keep aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
4. Alternately add flour mixture and yogurt into butter mixture. Do not over mix. Stir in vanilla.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
6. Cool for 10 minutes and then invert onto rack to cool completely.
Cover with chocolate butter icing if desired.
P.S. Like my post?? Get the latest updates straight to your email! Subscribe NOW!