Who doesn't like crispy hot fish fingers dipped in tomato sauce......my amma used to make them for special occasions or when my cousins used to visit us for vacations....and I loved munching on them while reading books or watching TV.
My kids do not tolerate outside food especially my son.....he gets tummy upset if he has any outside food....so most of the time I try to create restaurant-like food at home and this fish fingers tops the list of homemade-restaurant like food.
Any fish which has thick flesh is suitable for this, cut them into long strips. Marinate them and dip them in breadcrumbs and fry them.....so cool and easy. You can keep them in refrigerator after you coat them in breadcrumbs for about 3 days and longer in the freezer or you can keep them marinate in the fridge and coat with breadcrumbs later.
# You can omit the chilly powder and add 1 or 2 green chilly while grinding ginger garlic paste or can add both.
# You can do the marination a day before or can keep the coated fish in the fridge.
Butter fish: 250 gm, or any fish which has thick flesh.
Ginger garlic paste: 1/2 tsp.
Red chilly powder: 1/2 tsp.
Salt: 1/2 tsp, approximately, because soya sauce contains salt be careful while adding salt.
Soya sauce: 1/2 tsp.
Red chilly sauce: 1/2 tsp
Pepper powder: 1/2 tsp.
Oil to fry.
For the Crumb Coating:
Bread: 5 to 6 slices.
Egg: 1/2, lightly beaten.
1. Slice the fish into small strips and rub them with ginger garlic, salt, soya sauce, red chilly sauce, pepper powder, and red chilly powder. Keep them for at least 1 hour. Preferably in the fridge.
2. Crumble the bread with your hands and put them into your small chutney grinder.
3. Give it a pulse or till you get coarse bread crumbs.
4. Pour the lightly beaten egg (half egg should be enough) into the marinated fish and mix well.
5. Put the bread crumbs into a plate and take each fish and coat nicely with the bread crumbs.
6. Deep fry them in hot oil.
That's it fish fingers are ready!!
Check out Homemade Tomato Sauce....step by step.