How I made them:
Roasted and skinned peanuts: 1 1/2 cups.
Sugar: 1 cup.
Ghee (clarified butter): 2 tsp.
Soda powder: 1 fat pinch.
1. Heat oven to its maximum. Spread the raw peanuts in a tray and put it in the oven for about 10 min....rattling them around a bit halfway through so they toast evenly.
2. The peanuts are nicely roasted in about 10 min and let it cool....sorry about the blurred pic....I tried to balance the cam and the tray without the mitten...just with kitchen towel...lol.
3. When the peanuts are completely cooled.....remove their skin. Measure 1 1/2 cups and put them on a paper and run rolling pin over the them....it should be coarsely grounded. (If you have skinless and roasted peanuts available you just have to crumble it coarsely and start from here.)
4. Peanuts are ready!!!
5. Heat a deep bottomed pan put in ghee and sugar together.
6. Stir continuously till you get a golden brown syrup.....on low flame pls. Put in a fat pinch of soda powder and when it starts to bubble put in the peanuts.
7. Switch off the fire after putting in the peanuts.
8. Mix them well fast and quick.
9. Spread evenly on a greased tray as thinly as possible.
10. Cut into desired shapes before it cools down.
11. Peanut candy/kappalandi mittai is ready to munch...
Store in airtight containers