Two days ago a young man bought a shawarma roll from Trivandrum, he was on his way to Bangalore and boarded the night train. After having the shawarma, he felt stomach pain and called his mother to inform, she advised him to visit a doctor as soon as he reach Bangalore. He died the next day afternoon. Eating out is okay; but please make sure the food you have paid for is of good quality, especially when buying for children.
As a rule I try to include whole wheat as much as I can in my baking (except in cakes), pizzas top the list, then comes rolls. I use plain atta/whole wheat flour. The result is it does not rise as much as plain flour does and the texture is also not that spongy, but yes healthy.
Remember my pizza post, sometime back I started playing with the flour, sometimes I take 1:1 ie half plain flour: half whole wheat flour; sometimes 3/4 whole wheat flour and 1/4 plain flour; and most of the time I simply use just whole wheat flour.
Note: Always put the dough in the baking sheet and braided otherwise it will tear (with the weight of the filling) while moving.
1 measure pizza dough, please refer to my perfect homemade pizza dough post and use whole wheat flour instead of plain flour.
Tomato sauce: 3 ro 4 tbsp.
Mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, processed cheese grated: About 1 cup, you can use any one cheese or use all three.
Ghee/butter/olive oil: 1 tbsp.
Dried basil : 1 tsp.
Dried oregano: 1 tsp.
Pepper powder: 1 tsp.
Salt: As needed.
Red chilly flakes: 1/2 to 1 tsp, depending on your tolerance level.
Vegetables: 1 grated carrot, 1/2 chopped onion, 1/2 chopped capsicum, 1/2 chopped tomato (optional).
Cilantro/coriander leaves to garnish.(optional).
Sesame seeds to sprinkle.
1. In a greased baking sheet, spread pizza dough into a rectangle.
2. Spread the sauce down the middle of the dough.
3. Sprinkle basil, oregano.
4. Add the vegetables, sprinkle red chilly flakes, pepper powder, salt.
5. Top it with grated cheese and sprinkle cilantro.
6. Cut 1 inch diagonal strips up each side of the dough.
7. Fold 1 inch strips up and over pizza filling, alternating sides to get a braided look.
8. Brush the top of the braided dough with olive oil or ghee or melted butter and sprinkle sesame seeds.
9. Pop it into a preheated oven, bake at 200 degrees 20 to 30 min or until done.
Allow it to cool a bit and then cut into slices and serve.
Note: Check out Homemade Tomato Sauce...step by step.
P.S. Like my post?? Get the latest updates straight to your email! Subscribe NOW!