Summer has set in.....that means mangoes....jackfruits....watermelons....YUM!!..I got some raw mangoes from a neighbor with which I made mango pickles and kept just two mangoes to make this drink.....the mint gives an instant cooling..
Raw mango: 2.
Water: 2 cups.
Sugar: 1 cup.
Lemon: 1. (can add citic acid also).
A few drops of green food color.
A handful of chopped mint leaves.
A few leaves to garnish.
1. Wash and peel the raw mangoes, chop them and keep aside.
2. Boil sugar and water and add the chopped mango and boil until the mangoes are very soft about 10 min. Allow it to cool
3. Put the mango juice into the blender with the chopped mint leaves and run the blender for 30 seconds.
4. Pass this through a seive to extract the juice.
5. Add juice of one lemon, few drops of green color and mix well. Bottle and store in refrigerator as there are no preservatives.
To serve, mix the juice with chilled water and garnish with mint leaves.