This is one blanch dish....perfect when you are on a diet and have a craving for a paneer dish....no butter, cream based gravy...a truly guilt free curry ..... excellent with roti....and one of the easiest dish ...if you have paneer ready....it takes not more than 5 to 7 min to prepare this dish....that's awesome right? in today's time conscious world....I usually make this with homemade paneer....the best part is if you are making paneer especially for this dish... then all it takes is anywhere around 15-18 min....thats pretty cool isn't it???. A true treat for those unexpected guests.....
Boil 1 litre milk (I used semi skimmed milk)...when it boiling simmer the fire and pour juice of one lemon and 1/2 tsp of salt into it....stir it well ...it will start curdling and then stir again...switch off fire....and pour this into a sieve....let the paneer rest in the sieve for 5 to 10 min.....DO NOT PUT WEIGHT ON TOP.....we need the paneer a little soggy, mushy, and watery for this dish.....not the hard paneer....that's why I mentioned that I make this dish with homemade paneer.....you should get around 200 to 250 gms of paneer.
As this is a very blanch preparation.....the taste of paneer stands out with no gravy or cream or mattar or spices.....a true tribute to all paneer lovers!!
So lets get cooking!!!
How I make Paneer Bhujiya:
Paneer: 200 gm.
Onion: 1 big or 2 medium ones.
Tomato: 2 medium ones.
Green chilly: 4 to 5, trust me on this.
Salt to taste.
1 tbsp oil.
1. Crumble the paneer with your fingertips. (Cheriyan helped me in this....)
2. The moist and majestic beauty is ready to be attacked!!
3. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a nonstick pan/kadai. Put in the chopped onion, chopped green chillies, salt, and fry for a min or two.(onion just needs to be transparent not browned).
4. Than add the chopped tomatoes. Again fry for a min or two....
5. Put in the crumbled paneer. Mix well and mix it nicely for 2 min on low flame and thats all friends...Switch off fire.
Paneer bhujiya is READY!!See I warned you...this is EASY!!!.
Wrapped in roti.
Sharing this with your recipe my kitchen, mingle monday, homemaker monday, made from scratch tuesday, Tasty tuesday, Hearth and soul hop.