As soon as summer vacation set in my brothers kids gave a surprise visit....they were here for almost a week....so with 5 kids in and around the house....made me completely busy.....and the reason for my absence from blogging.
I made this cake and was totally impressed with its texture and how quick and easy it was to make. Infact I made this cake thrice in a row now....I stumbled upon this Betty Crocker recipe here. Now, why did I title the cake as The Never Fail Cake and not The Yellow Cake or The Sponge Cake.....because it came out perfect each time I made it....it did not sink...did not crumble...had the most perfect texture....too perfect....well you can see it for yourself....and lets get baking!!!.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup/100 gm butter or stick margarine, softened
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
1. Preheat oven. Grease bottom and sides of 2 round pans with butter and dust flour.
2. Beat all ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly.
3. Beat on high speed 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally; pour into pan(s).
4. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes at 180 degree C or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center.
5. Cool completely on wire rack.
When completely cooled cut into squares and store them for your hungry brats!!!