Fall has arrived......
Oranges are my favorite this season...
I love oranges....I know you love them too....
I love orange juice in cakes........check out my favorite orange cake recipe here
These muffins are soft, light, and have two of my favorite things.......orange and chocolate chips....WOW!
They are not dense like cappuccino muffins....they are airy and pillow like.....I think the buttermilk and the orange juice gave that soft texture to the muffins.
Plus these muffins can be easy whipped up....
If you do not have buttermilk please don't think of not baking these oh! so! feather light muffins....you can make buttermilk substitute right in your kitchen and get along with your baking.
*Buttermilk substitute to make 1 cup of buttermilk: In your measuring cup pour 1 tbsp lemon juice or 1 tbsp white vinegar and then add low fat milk ( if you are calorie conscious) to fill the cup. Let it stand for 5 min to curdle.....that's it buttermilk is ready to add to your cakes, cupcakes, muffins......
Recipe inspiration: Cooklikemom.
I reduced the quantity of baking powder.
# 12 muffins with this recipe.
#Add orange juice and buttermilk accordingly.
Flour: 280 gm.
Sugar: 100 gm.
Baking powder: 1 tsp.
Baking soda: 1/2 tsp.
Oil: 80 ml.
Orange juice: 100 ml.
Buttermilk: 200 ml, refer substitute *.
Chocolate chips: 1/2 cup.
Orange peel: 80 gm, chopped. (optional, I did not use them).
Salt: A big fat pinch.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Line a muffin tray with paper liners.
2. Sieve flour, BP, BS, and salt and keep aside. Add orange peel to it if you are using.
3. In a separate bowl beat egg with a whisk till light and fluffy, whisk in sugar, oil, orange juice, and the buttermilk and mix well (at this stage you can see the mix becoming a little frothy).
4. Add the sieved flour slowly into the buttermilk mixture and fold gently. Do not over mix.. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full. I sprinkled some choc chips on top of the batter too.....ya you heard me right I am a chocoholic.
6. Bake for 20 to 23 min.....it took just 18 min in my oven.
Fresh out of the oven.
Peel off the liners.
....and sink into them.